Susan Thomas, Attorney at Law
Affordable Special Needs Trusts
Estate Planning for Parents of Children with Disabilities in Georgia
P.O. Box 568
Avondale Estates, Georgia 30002
Estate Planning for Parents of Children with Disabilities|
How to Know if Your Child Requires Special Needs Planning
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, contact our firm to find out how you can best plan for your future and the future of your child with special needs through adequate estate planning and the use of Special Needs Trusts.
- Does your child have a physical disability or cognitive impairment which will require assistance either now or in the future?
- Does your child participate in an early intervention program or special education??
- Will your child be able to financially support himself/herself or make meaningful life decisions independently??
- Does your child receive SSI or Medicaid??
- Will your child be able to live independently or maintain employment when he/she reaches adulthood??
Families who have a child with a disability need to have a Special Needs Trust in place as well as specialized estate planning documents taking that trust into account to protect their loved one and plan for the future.