Moving Forward Towards Independence
Independent Living Program for Young Adults with Intellectual Disabilities.
68 Coombs St. Bldg. B
Napa, CA 94559
Tel: : 415-259-1125
Moving-Forward Towards Independence
A True Community Experience
Moving Forward Towards Independence is a residential program offering transitional and independent living
support to post-secondary adults with developmental, learning and autism spectrum disabilities.
Moving Forward Offers Unique Advantages:
Individualized Resident Case Plan customized to include the entire spectrum of the residents' needs.
This plan is developed with the input of the resident and his/her parents and implemented with the support
of the resident's assigned case manager on a daily basis. Progress is monitored in regularly scheduled reviews.
- Graduated support levels
- Community life to support the growth of the whole person
- A lifelong community
- A safe, small town location in beautiful Napa Valley
Organized Social Events That Allow Social Skills Practice:
- Social and interpersonal skills
- Health education and fitness
- Safety and disaster preparedness
- Job readiness and workplace behavior
- Art, drama, horticulture and music
Additional YA Support:
- Cooked and served by residents in their own homes
- Monthly group birthday celebrations
- Weekly structured recreational group outings to parks, museums, plays and sporting events
To learn more about Moving Forward Towards Independence visit our
website at www.Moving-Forward.org
or call Rhonda Daniels, Executive Director, at (707) 259-1125.
- Full-time Job Specialist assists in finding jobs, practicing interviewing skills, resume development
- 24-hour, 365-day Emergency Response and Crisis Management Service manned by trained staff
- Integration with Outside Community Activities
- Active Parents' Association provides opportunities for parents to network and suggest program enhancements.