A Statewide Network of Families and Educators Working Together
Children and Young Adults with Special Needs
Resource Center for Issues in Special Education
Des Moines, IA 50311-4505
Tel: (515) 271-3936
Fax: (515) 271-4185
The mission of the Parent-Educator Connection is to promote effective
partnerships through communication, education, and collaboration for the
education and well-being of children and |
What Can We Do for Parents and Educators?
- Link families and educators with needed services and
- Develop parent-educator support groups.
- Conduct workshops on various subjects for families and
- Provide books, pamphlets and video/ audio tapes on issues
regarding special education, parenting, and disabilities.
- Network with other agencies and programs who work with
parents and educators.
- Connect families and educators with similar needs and
- Speak to state and local educational groups. Inform and
encourage them to support home-school relationships.
BACK to Non-Profit Resources
ISER Home | First Steps |
Planning | Navigating
LD assessment | ADHD assessment
| learning centers | therapy | advocacy