A support network for families that have children with special
2712 Middleburg Drive
Columbia, SC 29204
Tel: (803) 252-0914
1-800-578-8750 (SC Only)
Fax: (803) 799-8017
Contact: Connie Ginsberg
875 West Faris Road
Greenville, SC 29605-9989
Tel: (864) 455-6213
Fax: (864) 455-6299
Contact: B.J. Bateman
If Your Child Has Special Needs- So Do You...
Family Connection is a non-profit, parent-centered organization that
provides a support network to families who have children with
disabilities, developmental delays, and chronic illnesses. While we
provide many services, our mission is to link parents who have a child
with a special need to another parent living in the same area who has a
child with the same or a similar special need.
- links a trained Support Parent to other parents in their area who need
- allows parents to have a person to call ANY TIME for support;
- equips parents to better handle the day-to-day challenges of raising a
child with special needs:
- enables parents to become better advocates for their children
- provides needed information about special services and programs
available for their child.
- numerous support groups meet monthly, covering such special needs as:
Autism, Cranio-oral facial, Down Syndrome, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder,
ADD/ADHD, Cystic Fibrosis, Brain Injury, and Neurofibromatosis;
- other support groups include: Dads Only, Dinner Club, Grandparents,
Kid Connection (for siblings of children who have special needs), and
other special programs.
For more information about Family Connection, visit our web site
- Family Connection sponsors an annual conference in April where
parents, educators, and others interested in better serving our children
with special needs meet, discuss, and learn from professionals in the
- conferences and workshops throughout the year equip parents to become
better advocates for their children;
- fun, fun, fun...Family Connection sponsors picnics and family
get-togethers throughout the year as well as an annual holiday social
where all of our families have a chance to meet and celebrate.