Totem Learning Center and Day School
Experts in Multisensory Education Therapy.
11144 N. Frank Lloyd Wright, Ste. 200
Scottsdale, Arizona 85259
Experts in Multisensory Education Therapy |
TOTEM Learning Center and Day School is a leading provider of multisensory, systematic, explicit and science-based programs for students having learning disabilities including dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, autism, and other disorders which hinder normal educational development.
Beginning August 2008 TOTEM Learning Center has also been approved by the Arizona Department of Education as a special education day school.
Our decision to offer full day school services is in response to clients and professionals requesting that our services be expanded to a full school program.
TOTEM Day School includes students with learning disabilities in grades K-8th. Our low student teacher ratio of 3:1 enables a more direct, customized intervention for students' who have not responded to traditional pull out or containment programs at other schools. TOTEM's goal is to provide the academics and skills needed for students with learning differences to return to their regular classrooms quickly and successfully.
Teachers all have special education degrees with classroom experience. They are trained in the multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham approach and use a variety of research based curricula to achieve the best outcomes for their students.
Our unique school also features:
- Five and one-half hour day for grades 1-4
- Six hour day for grades 5-8
- Daily routine includes 4 hours of 3:1 private instruction focusing on reading, writing, spelling, and math while following the IEP goals.
- Individualized instruction is specifically designed to meet each student's unique learning needs.
Instruction includes researched-based curriculum using multi-sensory, structured, sequential, and repetitive teaching methods.
Physical education, music, social skills, science, and social studies are part of the weekly curriculum.
TOTEM Learning Center offers:
- A private, one-on-one individualized approach for students with degreed teachers and nationally recognized assessment tools.
- Comprehensive Educational Assessments
- Educational Consultations
- An Educational Team Approach with all related professionals.
- Totem is an Arizona Department of Education SES Provider
- Totem uses Orton-Gillingham-based multisensory methods, as well as structured curriculum that is sequential and aligned with the five dimensions required to be an effective literacy program defined by the National Reading Panel. Special approaches offered include P.A.C.E., Lindamood-Bell® programs*, Samonas Sound Therapy, and many other specialized reading and subject specific programs.
Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® and Visualizing and Verbalizing® are trademarks of Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes. Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes in no way guarantees the quality of the materials or services that may be supplied by Totem Learning Center. Totem Learning Center is not affiliated with, certified, licensed, monitored or sponsored by Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes, Nanci Bell, Phyllis Lindamood or Pat Lindamood. www.lindamoodbell.com.