Internet Special Education Resources
Special Education & Learning Disabilities Resources: A Nationwide Directory
7 Foolproof Steps to Ignite Your Child's Love for Learning
Almost every child begins school excited learn, but discouragement from excess homework, repeated failures, and learning struggles erode that enthusiasm. Take these steps to transform your student's actual ability to learn. LearningRx can help.
1. Acknowledge your child has learning difficulties and become absolutely committed to the fact these can be overcome. This courageous step that only you can take is one of the most important things you can do for your child.
2. Make notes as you observe your child's learning behavior. Does he she resist reading? Take forever to complete homework? Struggle to maintain attention? Fail to follow through? Each of these symptoms is key to understanding how to unlock his or her learning potential. The FREE 30-Question Survey on page can guide you.
3. Schedule a comprehensive cognitive skills test for your child. You will save hundreds of dollars on accurate, quality testing by calling LearningRx.
4. Sit down with a professional from LearningRx to review your notes and match the test results with your child's behavior. This individuallytailored consultation will help you understand the exact cause(s) of his or her struggles. Armed with this information, you can choose the best course of action.
5. Explore specific skill training options that are customizable for your child. Don't waste any time on tutoring or Special Ed alternatives that can't change the root cause of the problem.
6. Help your child work hard with a cognitive skills trainer for a few hours each week. It won't take long to begin to see results, but it will require effort and your encouragement.
7. Watch as your son's or daughter's love of learning is reignited faster than you ever thought possible.
If you believe there is unrealized learning potential in yourself or someone you love, a simple cognitive skills test could be the key to unlock that potential. At LearningRx, we offer such testing as a wise and affordable first step. Please give us a call today. We can answer your questions and help test and strengthen skills that can lead to that brighter future..
Disclaimer: Internet Special Education Resources (ISER) provides this information in an effort to help parents find local special education professionals and resources. ISER does not recommend or endorse any particular special education referral source, special educational methodological bias, type of special education professional, or specific special education professional.
Return to ISER Home