The Parent Advocacy Center of New Jersey
For Children and Adolescents with Special Needs
107 Cedar Grove Lane, Suite 104
Somerset, New Jersey 08873
Parent Advocacy for Special Needs Children
For Parents who want to help their children to achieve academic, social,and emotional success in school.
A Parent Advocate can provide you with the skills and tools you need in order to help your child or teen to get the most out of their school experience.
With a Parent Advocate you can choose to:
Who Can Benefit?
- Learn the most effective ways to advocate for your child yourself including learning the steps required to get the support your child needs.
- Have a direct representative at school meetings regarding your child's educational needs including review of the following: IEP development and review, classification for services, testing results, and improving communication between parents and the school.
- Discuss an evaluation and recommendation for alternative school placement options if needed.
- A review of all aspects of your child's developmental and academic history.
- Children and teens who have special needs and may require special education through their public or private school or an out of district school program.
- Special needs include: Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia, Language and/or Speech delays, Emotional and Behavioral difficulties, Autism, Developmental Delays, Neurological Disorders, Chronic Illness, and other Learning Disabilities.
Nancy Friedman-Cohen, MSW,LCSW Owner and Director
Has worked with children, teens, and parents for over 25 years as a skilled educator, psychotherapist, and parent advocate.