Clinical Neuropsychology Services, LLC
Amy M. Pacos, Psy.D. -Licensed Psychologist/Clinical Neuropsychologist
200 North Glebe Rd. Suite 1050
Arlington, VA 22203
Neuropsychological, Psychological, and Psychoeducational Assessment for Children, Adolescents, and Adults in Northern Virginia
Dr. Pacos specializes in assessment, treatment, and therapy services for children, adolescents, and adults. She provides comprehensive, individualized neuropsychological assessments, detailed analysis of test results, personalized intervention strategies, and support in implementing recommendations. Dr. Pacos also offers a variety of therapy and consultation services. Her goal is to provide quality clinical care to patients and their families. Dr. Pacos works closely with referring professionals to ensure the most comprehensive treatment possible. Please refer to the practice website for details.
- Neuropsychological assessment (including the diagnosis of: ADHD, learning disabilities, developmental disabilities, genetic disorders, sport-related injuries, and neurological conditions, etc.)
- Psychological evaluation (including the diagnosis of depression, anxiety, etc.)
- Psychoeducational assessment
- School admissions testing
- Giftedness testing
- Accommodations testing (e.g., SATs)
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Play therapy
- Behavior management
- Parent training
- Social skills training
- Grief and loss counseling
- Pediatric therapy/interventions (e.g. obesity treatment, sleep management/hygiene, adjustment to chronic medical illness, medication management)
- Parent education and support
- Consultation services for schools, pediatricians, and other medical professionals
- In school observations
- IEP meeting attendance
- Pediatric specialty consultation (e.g. coping with chronic illness, medication adherence, procedural related pain, etc.)
Amy M. Pacos, Psy.D. is a Licensed Psychologist/Clinical Neuropsychologist whose clinical work focuses on the special needs of the pediatric population, as well as those with a history of neurological illness. Dr. Pacos works with patients and their families from ages 3 through adulthood (3-90+).
Dr. Pacos graduated from Allegheny College with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Education (BA), and a Masters in Clinical Psychology (MA) and doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) from the American School of Professional Psychology in Washington, DC.
Dr. Pacos' predoctoral internship was completed at the Childrens Hospital of Michigan (APA accredited), where she completed formal training in family therapy, pediatric psychology, and play therapy. She also completed formal rotations in pediatric neuropsychological assessment, ADHD identification and treatment, adolescent medicine consultation, autism spectrum identification and treatment, and pediatric interventions for children and teens with chronic medical conditions (including sleep disorders, diabetes, renal disease, HIV, genetic conditions, and neurological illness).
Dr. Pacos is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Virginia and the District of Columbia. She is the co-founder and co-owner of Clinical Neuropsychology Services, LLC.