Monarch Center for Family Healing
Facilitating family-centered and holistic therapeutic interventions for families with troubled youth.
PO Box 797
Georgetown, CO 80444
Wilderness therapy treatment program for youths and troubled teens struggling with their relationships with parents, friends, teachers, delinquency, substance abuse, poor school performance, legal problems, and more.
The Monarch Center operates a wilderness therapy program, in the state of Colorado, (Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico in the winter) for troubled youth and teens -- between 10and 18 -- who are in need of at least 30 days of intensive therapeutic intervention. Although the struggling youth leaves the home and spends most of the time in the backcountry, families and parents are strongly encouraged to participate as much as possible in the intervention through family intensives, family therapy sessions, spending time in the backcountry with their teen, etc. The experience focuses on root causes of behavior, emotional growth, relationships, dynamics, substance abuse treatment, etc.
The Monarch Center is a Wildnerness Therapy Programs not a Boot Camp
- Monarch is family-owned, and small. The owners are intimately involved in the day-to-day functioning of the company. The maximum number of students that the Monarch Center will admit at any given time is 20, with group sizes no bigger than ten.
- Monarch employs only experienced therapists, practicing Gestalt therapy. The average age of our family therapists is 58 years old with over 30 years experience each.
- To our knowledge, we offer more hours of direct family contact than any other program. Every third week of your child's treatment is with the family. This includes intensives, multiple family group workings, social events, parent discussion and education groups, community service and visits. At Monarch, parents are always invited to join their child at any point of their stay.
- Low Therapist/Student Ratio - We average one therapist on staff for every two students.
- Discipline - As much as possible, we aim to let the consequences of one's behavior do the teaching. These are called natural/logical consequences and they are especially abundant in the wilderness. Corporal punishment is NEVER an option at The Monarch Center for Family Healing.
- Safety First! Our field instructors are highly qualified and at least one certified Wilderness First Responder or EMT will be with the group at all times.
- We are a Wilderness Therapy program, not a boot camp. The Monarch Center for Family Healing does not use deprivation, exhaustion, or abuse in any of its' programs. Instead, we focus on working with the student to identify problems in his/her life. That therapy, combined with family therapy and the wilderness experience, fosters change in the students.
Visit on the Web at: www.monarchfamilyhealing.com