Psychological and Psychoeducational Testing for Children and Teens
Michelle Matusoff, Ph.D.
Assessment of ADD/ADHD, learning disabilities, behavioral and mood disorders
3101 W. Coast Hwy Ste. 407
Newport Beach, CA 92663
Psychological and Psychoeducational Assessment
Newport Beach - Orange County, CA
Psychological evaluations include assessment of common disorders such as:
- Learning Disabilities
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
When a child presents with various symptoms, it is often difficult to come up with an accurate diagnosis, as many childhood disorders look very similar.
There is frequently a great deal of confusion between symptoms of ADHD, learning disorders, processing disorders, and emotional disorders such as anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder.
A comprehensive psychological evaluation is an extremely valuable tool for discerning among these disorders, and preventing "mislabeling" of children.
Dr. Matusoff will provide a comprehensive report that includes:
- Diagnostic information that can be used to determine the most appropriate resources
- Therapeutic and treatment recommendations, as needed
- Very specific recommendations for parents, to help a child achieve success in his or her particular area of struggle
- Academic/educational recommendations
- Detailed information about a child’s areas of strength and weakness