Do you or your child have difficulty with math? All problems with math are NOT alike, and can be due to:
- Attention and working memory problems
- Organizational difficulties
- Visuospatial problems
- Problems with logical thinking and reasoning
- Difficulty converting word problems to math operations
As a Neuropsychologist, Dr. Klein helps to improve math skills by understanding and targeting specific, underlying processing issues. This individualized approach is very different from standard tutoring.
Dr. Klein has experience as a Teacher and University Instructor in Mathematics, Statistics, and Psychology. She also brings to the table her expertise as a Psychologist to lower math anxiety and improve self-confidence. Dr. Klein assists students in basic mathematics through algebra.
Do you or your child have difficulty communicating your thoughts through writing? Specific guidance is offered to learn how to:
- Generate ideas for papers
- Utilize an organized structure
- Develop supporting arguments
- Write effective resumés and cover letters
- Use appropriate spelling, grammar, and sentence structure
- Understand and avoid plagiarism
With expertise as a University Instructor and Career Consultant, Dr. Klein provides students and professionals with feedback to improve their writing skills while developing their own personal style. Writing assistance is also offered via online and telephone communication.
Dr. Klein offers highly personalized support based on a client's unique combination of strengths and weaknesses. Brief and targeted diagnostic assessments are available, along with assistance in study skills, test-taking strategies, and time-oriented goals.
Dr. Klein's office at LifePoint Counseling Center is conveniently located to accommodate residents of both Broward County and Miami Dade County. You are welcome to call for a Complimentary Phone Consultation.