Compass High School
San Mateo, California
Comprehensive High School for Students with Learning Differences
2040 Pioneer Court
San Mateo, CA 94403
Compass High School|
San Mateo, CA
Compass High School provides a multifaceted educational program for students with learning differences. Our supportive, individualized approach not only includes a college preparatory program, but also offers students and their families integrated services and support. We help students develop their full academic potential, critical learning strategies, social competence and self-advocacy so Compass High School graduates will have the knowledge and confidence they need to succeed.
Our school offers:
- College preparatory courses with for students with learning differences.
- Multi-sensory teaching methods to strengthen reading, writing, math, organizational and life skills.
- Teaching strategies for learning, problem solving, time management, executive organization skills, study skills, and self-advocacy.
- Vocational training program that includes on-the-job internships.
- Electives: physical fitness, health, technology, the arts.
- One-on-one college counseling.
- Offering community service and leadership activities.
- Well-trained special education teachers who understand the strengths and learning challenges of each student.
- Open communication with students and their families.
- A happy and embracing school culture, including social events and field trips so students can learn to thrive socially.