school special education support     Internet Special Education Resources

Suggested Questions to Ask Regarding LD Asssessments

Why might I want to seek the help of a private professional?

While a school psychologist can assess a learning disability, you may want to pay a private professional to perform the learning disability assessment tests because:

Note: Some school districts will not accept results of tests performed by non-school personnel. Check with your school before using private professionals.

Before the Learning Disabilities Assessment Phase

After the Learning Disabilities Assessment/ When Discussing the Results...

Return to FIRST STEPS page
Find a private professional

Disclaimer: ISER provides this information in an effort to aid parents in selecting a private education professional. We do not endorse or recommend any particular referral source, type of professional,or specific professional.