Association of Educational Therapists
The National Professional Organization of Educational Therapists
The Association of Educational Therapists
The Association of Educational Therapists is the national professional association for educational therapists. AET defines and sets standards for the professional practice of educational therapy. Educational therapists provide a broad range of individualized educational interventions for children and adults with learning disabilities and other learning challenges.
An EDUCATIONAL THERAPIST is skilled in:
- Formal and informal educational assessment.
- Synthesis of information from other specialists and parents.
- Development and implementation of appropriate
remedial programs for school related learning and behavioral problems.
- Strategies for addressing social and emotional aspects of learning problems.
- Formation of supportive relationships with the client and those involved in the client's educational development.
- Facilitation of communication between the client,the family, the school, and involved professionals.
Professional and Board Certified members of AET must meet strict requirements
regarding training and professional standards.